AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remove the custom parameters for custom business types

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently set up remarketing and during the set process it asked whether I wanted to set up "dynamic remarketing ads". I wasn't sure what this was so I click 'Yes' and set up business as "other".

However, now I've discovered what "dynamic remarketing ads" actually are, I don't want them. However, I can't figure out how to remove them Smiley Sad

In my dashboard I have all these custom lists which won't delete and an error message which won't go away.

Screenshot - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17713251/2016-02-27_14-41-13.jpg

Can sometime help me with a clear, step by step walk through for how to remove this feature without having to set everything up from scratch again.

I am using Google Tag Manager.

Thanks.

Re: Remove the custom parameters for custom business types

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi,
Just having the Lists active won't make you actually serve Dynamic Remarketing Ads. The types of Ads you run is determined by your Campaign Settings and what targeting you select. If you don't want to activate Dynamic Remarketing Ads then under your Campaign Settings make sure to select a targeting method other than Remarketing.

Targeting options on Google Display Network

Furthermore, if you want to remove the Audiences from the list you see inside of AdWords, can you select the box, just next to the List name and then click on remove?  Either way, just having this List in there won't actually make you serve Ads against it.

Edit or pause a Remarketing List

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The tag is not active in your case as Dynamic remarking tag needs some custom parameters to be added to the tag. Under the "Recommended actions" section, you'll find a link to an article with instructions on how to implement the dynamic remarketing tag. I don't think you can delete that the list in Adwords as it is automatically generated from the Tag on your website.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply.

So it seems the only way to get rid of those custom lists and remove the message "We haven't detected custom parameters for custom business types (AdWords)" is to regenerate the Tag only this time without selecting "dynamic ads".

The problem is I can't find the reset button. Can someone help?