AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remove "+" from URL using valuetrack parameter {keyword} for BMM keywords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi community,

I'm currently using valuetrack parameter {lpurl}?keyword={keyword} at campaign level for a client and using BMM keywords

our URLs on Google Analytics looks like : www.website.com?keyword=+my +bmm +keyword

Is there a way to remove the "+" from URLs?

Main reason is we are using a dynamic text replacement in our landing page and "+" are showing within the landing page headline which is not ideal

many thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Michele M

Hmmm. Interesting question. I don't believe you can. The keyword VT param will pull it in that way. I believe the only way around it is set up keyword level urls and hard code the keyword as the value so: {lpurl}?keyword=my%20bmm%20keyword

The %20 is an encoded space. I believe your landing page should see it that way and replace it with a space.

Best of luck.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

yeah, that's the workaround I'm using so far, thanks!

would be great to have it automatically generated and avoid the risk of carrying around wrong parameters when it comes to duplicating/copying elements Smiley Sad