AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remove campaigns from shared budgets with scripts?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

in order to implement a new bidding tool, I need to remove all the campaigns from the shared budgets. I've already created a script that will set the new campaign budget based on their historical spend. As there are a lot of campaigns (500+), it would take hours to change the budgets manually.

Is there a way to remove the campaigns from the shared budgets with scripts?

Thanks a lot,

Maren

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remove campaigns from shared budgets with scripts?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Maren P sorry for the delay in replying, and I'm also sorry that no, there's no way scripts can do what you need.  Scripts can determine which Campaigns share a budget, or can change the details of that shared budget, but they can't "move" a Campaign from a shared budget to an individual one.

I have to say that's a very large number of Campaigns assigned to a single shared budget, was there a purpose behind this structure?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jon_Gritton,

no worries and thanks for your reply! Fortunately the Google Support Team could help with this task and now it's done.

The campaigns were not assigned to a single budget, they had several ones. Sorry if I couldn't explain this very well. In total there are 500+ campaigns in 4 Accounts and they all needed to be removed from their shared budgets. 

Thank you, 

Maren

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Glad you got it sorted @Maren P!

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits