AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remove Safari users or iOS users or Tablet users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

As the title says, I want to exclude, idealy, the Safari users. But I saw this can't be done:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Block-Mac-OS-and-or-Safari/m-p/206842#M220...

Also, looks like I can't block tablet users, since now they are treated like desktops.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/How-to-Restrict-ads-for-only-Computer-or-L...

The thing is, a competitor or some guy that's bothered is clicking our ads from Tablet, from Safari, iOS, from different cities (probably proxies, who knows).

So, does this mean we can't exclude these at all? Not even a little tricky work-around to achieve something similar?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iulian L
September 2015

Re: Remove Safari users or iOS users or Tablet users

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

As you  are correctly pointing out you cannot target by the browser;

As for the invalid clicks; The system should filter them automatically;

If they are not filtered automatically, (by the system) -  you can ask Google to investigate a specific case;

Read more at the following link;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iulian L
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

As you  are correctly pointing out you cannot target by the browser;

As for the invalid clicks; The system should filter them automatically;

If they are not filtered automatically, (by the system) -  you can ask Google to investigate a specific case;

Read more at the following link;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

I'm not sure if there's anything to be done regarding these clicks, since they are done in a smart way, trying to minimize the footprints, but we compared the stats for whole website and from other campaigns also and it's quite strange that there were these clicks from Safari, iOS, on a tablet, while firefox is the main browser our clients use.

We'll wait a bit more and if this unnatural pattern will continue, I will try to contact Google to further investigate this, since it's obvious there's something fishy here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Experience has shown that the invalid clicks team at Google, is quite good in identifying invalid clicks.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi lulian L,

I don't know that I would assume it is the same person clicking on your ads. Have you tested your landing pages and the rest of the conversion path for iOS and Safari?

Both can be quite different from desktop compared to mobile. I test with Safari for Windows. When I test with Safari on a Mac, things don't look the same. And earlier versions of Safari act differently as well.

Could there possibly be a usability issue on your site for iOS and Safari?

I am also seeing a big increase in the number of visits from Safari/iOS, for paid traffic I'm seeing about 19%. I've also seen an increase in IE since Win 8. And for the first time I now see more Chrome traffic than Firefox.

Just a thought. I would recommend if you don't have an iPhone, find someone who does and check your pages using Safari.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords