AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remnant Advertising on Specific Targeted Sites with Adwords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Lets say that I wanted to do a short-term promo of a blog post that I wrote on my Trulia blog.  My plan to do this is to create a catchy image advertisement and put it up on the Display Network.

My goal is simply to get as many people as possible to visit the blog post at dirt cheap prices.  I don't care about the "quality" of the traffic and I'm not looking for it to tak any specific conversion action.  Just show up and look at the blog post.

My thinking is that I could just set things up as a CPM campaign and set my bid at $10.00 (or 1-cent per click).  Then have them run on Trulia, Zillow, and Realtor.com sitewide.

How would that work though?  I wouldn't want to match to any specific keyword...just ANY page on ANY of those three sites where others are not bidding high and clicks are dirt cheap.  How do you create an ad group that has no keywords?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian K
September 2015

Re: Remnant Advertising on Specific Targeted Sites with Adwords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Brian,

there are several options you can use.

1. Create in a display campaign an AdGroup for witch you choose the topic of the article where you want to show you ads. For that you don't need any keywords and your ads will be shown next to articles whos topics are related to your choise.

2. Create in a display campaign an AdGroup for witch you choose the category of the portal / site where you want to show you ads. For that you don't need any keywords and your ad will be shown on sites categorized as the category chosen.

3. Create in a display campaign an AdGroup with defined placement and pick you placement sites. For that you don't need any keywords and your ad will be shown only sites you've choose.

You can create an additional adgroup and combine all 3 mentioned restrictions (eg. ads can bi shown only at trulia.com near articles with the topic 'Real estate Agencies')

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brian,

You can do this by creating a managed placement campaign/ad group with your selected websites.

These are the conditions

A placement has to be part of the Display Network for your AdWords ads to show there. (Trulia, Zillow, and Realtor.com - make sure these are part of Google Display Network).

Choose the campaign type "Display Network only" .

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471182

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470108

"I wouldn't want to match to any specific keyword...just ANY page on ANY of those three sites where others are not bidding high and clicks are dirt cheap."

Clicks won't be dirt cheap - If you choose popular sites or are just getting started with advertising on the Display Network - you may need higher bids to get impressions, so please keep that in mind.

Hope this helps,

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian K
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Brian,

there are several options you can use.

1. Create in a display campaign an AdGroup for witch you choose the topic of the article where you want to show you ads. For that you don't need any keywords and your ads will be shown next to articles whos topics are related to your choise.

2. Create in a display campaign an AdGroup for witch you choose the category of the portal / site where you want to show you ads. For that you don't need any keywords and your ad will be shown on sites categorized as the category chosen.

3. Create in a display campaign an AdGroup with defined placement and pick you placement sites. For that you don't need any keywords and your ad will be shown only sites you've choose.

You can create an additional adgroup and combine all 3 mentioned restrictions (eg. ads can bi shown only at trulia.com near articles with the topic 'Real estate Agencies')

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks much. I was wondering if I could combine the filters.