AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I have a question about remarketing.

Assuming my campaign has 3 remarketing audience :

1. Visitors that abandon shopping cart
2. Visitors that landed on product A page
3. Visitors that landed on product B page

Assuming the visitor visited product page A & B, and abandon the shopping cart, they would be added to all 3 list.

My question is which remarketing ad will be displayed to them subsequently? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Pui Mun L.

In this situation, for every auction, the ad with the highest ad rank at that moment will be displayed.

However, you can control it to some extent by bidding differently for each audience. If shopping cart abandoners are more interesting for you, you may bid more for this audience.

This ensures that, for people belonging to that audience (the one you bid most for) you will enter the ad auction with the highest bid, even if they belong to the other two audiences.

But setting an order in which ads will be displayed to them is not possible, unless you do the following:

- use your remarketing lists each in a different ad group
- set different bids for them
- use frequency capping, at ad group level

With this setting, ads from the most "expensive" ad group will show until frequency capping is reached, then the next and so on until you reach frequency capping for the "cheapest" ad group, then ads do not show anymore for that person during that day / week / month.

Here's more about frequency capping (you can set it ad ad level / campaign level as well): https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/117579?hl=en

Unfortunately, that's the only way of controlling the order of showing that came to my mind.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Calin,

Thanks for your reply and explanation. I have other question about conversion tracking for ecommerce websites. Hope you can help me as well. Appreciate it very much.

What is the ideal way to set up conversion tracking for an ecommerce store?

Typically we can easily find out what are the keywords that led to a conversion (sale of a product) but it gets more challenging when we want to track the exact keyword that led to the sale of a particular product.

Assuming the ecommerce website has 100 products, is there anyway to know the exact keywords driving sales for the individual products?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Pui Mun L.

AdWords is blind with respect to product data. All it tracks is the conversion value, and links it to a click ID, which is then associated to several dimensions in AdWords (campaign, ad group, keyword, search term, etc.).

However, what you want can be easily achieved with a linked Google Analytics account, and either auto-tagging in AdWords or manual tagging via utm parameters (and of course, E-Commerce conversion tracking in Analytics).

Once you've set those up, all you need is to go to Conversions -> E-Commerce -> Product performance and add whatever secondary dimension you need. If you want to see the association between products and AdWords keywords, you add the Keywords as the second dimension. However, you can even add the search query and then you know exactly what people searched for when they bought one of your products.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello, Pui Mun L.

Like AdWiser said, AdWords is mostly blind with respect to product data. One of the best thing if you want more info about conversion is to set up e-Commerce conversion tracking in Analytics.

Also, another thing that might help you - the new Conversion Import Feature in Adwords:

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/09/measure-optimize-for-offline-sales-with.html
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031

I think that this could help you even if you don't have "offline conversions".

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your information. Really helpful and you have enlightened me! Smiley Very Happy