AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing without being on Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So i work for a website that provides information on study programmes across the world, thus we don't sell "products" and therefore we can't be on Google Shopping. Because of that, the dynamic remarketing option is not available to us. However, we would like to have specific remarketing ads for all the different study programmes. 

So let's say all the study programmes have a link like that:

website.com/study-programmes/programme1

website.com/study-programmes/programme2

website.com/study-programmes/programme3

and we got thousands of those. My first idea was to create a remarketing list for every single page. And then create one Ad per page. So in remarketing campaign 1 i would have Ad 1 using the remarketing list of those people who visited website.com/study-programmes/programme1

I just talked to someone from Adwords and they said it is actually a lot more work than this because if I give the website.com/study-programmes/programme1 URL in adwords for the remarketing list, Adwords would add not only people that visited that specific link, but also those that visited

website.com/study-programmes   and

website.com/

Now when i go to my adwords account and add a new remarketing list, I can add a rule to the URL in the "who to add to your list" section. When i click on "+ rule", the first one that comes up is "URL" "contains" "...".

And i can switch "contains" to "equals". Can't I just make a rule that "URL" "equals" "website.com/study-programmes/programme1" and then I only get those people in my list that visited that specific URL?

Thanks!

Jenny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer W
September 2015

Re: Remarketing without being on Google Shopping

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thought I would add a link for some more advanced stuff as it may be necessary in your case:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3111920?hl=en

Good luck

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jenny,

This is correct. You are able to target a specific page, provided that page has a unique aspect to its url.

Learn all about remarketing rules here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

hope this helps
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer W
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thought I would add a link for some more advanced stuff as it may be necessary in your case:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3111920?hl=en

Good luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply. It's just kind of odd that the Adwords Customer Service told me over the phone that this would not be possible Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No problems, Sometimes they do get a bit confused. I can only imagine the volume of calls they have to deal with, and they do on occasion misunderstand the question. Glad you found your solution though!