AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing tag error message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I think others have reported similar issues with implementation of the remarketing tag code as provided in the Audience section of AdWords:

"We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website"

I've used the Tag Assistant chrome plugin and there are a few suggestions, but no errors.

Suggestion: Missing line breaks may cause issues.
Suggestion: Both <script> and <iframe> used

I can't the missing line breaks, and Google JS must be creating the <script> and <iframe> code, because I have made no modifications.

The site is www.cycle-hire.com

Please help!

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David S
September 2015

Re: Remarketing tag error message

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello David,
Recently I've been seeing the same message on a number of my accounts. Please ignore this message and continue your work.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David S
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I verified your website and I do not see any issue with your re-marketing code. Are you seeing an increase in your list size?

As I see you have Analytics Code with Re-Marketing support, as a back up, I would suggest you to start creating your re-marketing list in Analytics.

Thanks,
Balu.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Balu and Suman,

The message has changed to 'Your tag is active' so it looks like I just needed to wait a couple of days.
The GDN list is growing, but the Search list isn't.
I was hoping to use the GA defined lists to control paid search ads (not just the display network ads)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can any one check why I get this error "Suggestion: Both <script> and <iframe> used."

on my webpage www.traveltobhutan.net/bookyourtrip_thankyou.php

I have right now paused my ad because of the above message. 

Thanks in advance.