AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing only 2 Products | Question

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Thanks for taking time to answer my question.

We don't want to do dynamic remarketing because we want to (1) generate our own ads and (2) only have two products-- not multiple.

For the Remarketing List (or tag), we only want to add someone to the list that has been on that web page. 

Can we create two remarketing tags and place them in the body of the page? Thus, only activating it for that page.

Am I going about doing this efficiently?

Thanks,

Cole Lusby

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cole L
September 2015

Re: Remarketing only 2 Products | Question

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cole

Yes, you can create two re-marketing tab for your two different products.
Add those re-marketing tags to your page before the closing of body tag.

Now coming to the targeting part, IMO make three different ad groups
targeting to three different custom combination list.
1. Users who have visited the page with product 1 only.(add none of these
for the second page product)
2.Users who have visited the page with product 2 only.(add none of these
for the first page product)
3. Make a custom combination list for users who have visited the both
pages.(use and condition and select both the re-matketing list).

This will target the users who have visited the exact product.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Cole,
If I'm understanding your question, you want to do remarket two separate products on your site, correct?
If so, you don't need to add two different remarketing tags, just add the same tag to multiple pages on your site.
Then, you'll create a list of users who've visited Product A, and a create a separate list for users who've visited Product B. Keep in mind, if users have visited both pages, they could end up being in both lists. In that case, you can create an advanced list and write a rule for what product you'd like featured if they've been to both pages. Or, if they've been to both pages, you could show a unique ad unit that maybe features both products.
Finally, I'd recommend a custom combination list and only remarket to users who did not purchase.

Does that help?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cole

Yes, you can create two re-marketing tab for your two different products.
Add those re-marketing tags to your page before the closing of body tag.

Now coming to the targeting part, IMO make three different ad groups
targeting to three different custom combination list.
1. Users who have visited the page with product 1 only.(add none of these
for the second page product)
2.Users who have visited the page with product 2 only.(add none of these
for the first page product)
3. Make a custom combination list for users who have visited the both
pages.(use and condition and select both the re-matketing list).

This will target the users who have visited the exact product.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Just to follow up, I was looking at creating two remarketing campaigns (place individual tags on each page).

From what I gather, remarketing with Adwords doesn't quite work like that. What is the best way to go about this? Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Cole,
If I'm understanding your question, you want to do remarket two separate products on your site, correct?
If so, you don't need to add two different remarketing tags, just add the same tag to multiple pages on your site.
Then, you'll create a list of users who've visited Product A, and a create a separate list for users who've visited Product B. Keep in mind, if users have visited both pages, they could end up being in both lists. In that case, you can create an advanced list and write a rule for what product you'd like featured if they've been to both pages. Or, if they've been to both pages, you could show a unique ad unit that maybe features both products.
Finally, I'd recommend a custom combination list and only remarket to users who did not purchase.

Does that help?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey vkore,

I've created two lists within Audiences of Shared Library. Once for each product (URL Contains: 'exact URL is placed').

However, how do I go about retrieving the code snippet for each of those lists? This is what I am getting caught up on.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Cole, Adwords re-marketing works quiet well. You just make a single
campaign and target the three different list in three different ad groups.

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey abkishek,

Thanks for your help. You really are helping me and directing me to the right place.

Where do I create a list for product a and product b? I don't see where I can implement two separate codes?

What I do see: is within shared library, both of the lists (that I've added to each ad group).
Then at the top right "We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website" -- it then directs me to add a dynamic remarketing tag which is what I'm trying not to do!

Thanks for your help.

Cole

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Cole,
Ha - Abhishek and I are fast and furiously trying to help and answer your questions!
Are you asking on where you find the snippet of code to paste on your pages? If so, log into your AdWords Account. Then, click on the Shared Library (left hand side navigation). On the right hand side, you should see a box that says: "Remarketing Tag." Here you can get the tag that you need, and instructions to implement, emailed to you. Just add that list to your Site and then the system will start collecting data, and you can add it to your site. Does that help?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Vkore,

I think so. To make sure I got it let me review:

I add that remarketing list to all pages --> activate ad groups with those specific audiences (which is already done). Then the rest is taken care of?

Do I have to have a remarketing campaign (for all visitors; hence, all pages) active to be able to run it on those 2 specific product pages?

For ex: I don't want a remarketing campaign for all visitors; only the two that visit those pages.

You guys are quick and helpful. Thanks so much again!

Cole

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Don't target the third re-marketing custom combination list.

Abhishek