AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing lists with Gmail Sponsored Promotions in the AWI?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to remarket to users with Gmail Sponsored Promotions. I created an ad group in the AWI with the placement mail.google.com and then narrowed my target with the remarketing list of all the users to my site who have not signed up. This ad group receives no Impressions, despite having a large size.

Has anyone successfully used remarketing with Google Sponsored Promotions in the AWI? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lauren K
September 2015

Re: Remarketing lists with Gmail Sponsored Promotions in the AWI?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Guys,

Sorry I forgot to mention that I've been white-listed to use the product, but I've been so for more than a year now I though the product had been released Smiley Happy.

Thanks,

Muhannad

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lauren,

Yes i used it before with pretty much the same setup you had , for how long you you've been running your campaign?

Thanks,

Muhannad

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Lauren,

This is not possible to show ad on gmail inbox by using managed placement. It's only possible with GSP interface as same like display ads setup. This time GSP in beta version & accessed by some of digital marketing agency for testing purpose.

A new concept GSP (Gmail Sponsored Promotions) will be launch soon. I get this news after the chatting with Google adwords representatives. So please wait for use of re-marketing list with GSP.

Let see chatting important points:

me
3:42 PM
can I use remarketing list with gsp?
3:42 PM
Yes
3:44 PM
means Which user previously visit my website, & if they open gmail then my ads also shown in there inbox
*will show in their inbox
3:45 PM
Yes.
Targeting is also based on inbox content
GSP's have interactive Ads
that open up just like an email
3:48 PM
I have one more question is that if I use mail.google.com in managed placement
then my ads show on gmail?
3:48 PM
Nope
Not any more
That was deprecated
And GSPs were created

Mohit

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lauren K
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Guys,

Sorry I forgot to mention that I've been white-listed to use the product, but I've been so for more than a year now I though the product had been released Smiley Happy.

Thanks,

Muhannad

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Muhannad,

I don't understand you. According to you, you are using GSP since from 1 year?
can you share with me any released update or new URL regarding GSP because I don't find any URL about How I use GSP ? or any GSP guideline or help URL. & after chatting with Google representative they also deny that this time GSP is not accessed by all users.

I read more articles & I find same thing that:gsp.png

So I think you are from US so you are eligible taking the GSP benefits

see also my chatting:

me
3:28 PM
What is gsp ?
how I create Gmail Sponsored Promotions account
3:29 PM
These are Ads that you see in the promotion Tab in your Gmail Inbox. These Ads are still in beta and will be shortly released for everyone to create in their Google AdWords Account.
3:29 PM
k
3:30 PM
Currently there is now ay to create this as your Google AdWords Account needs to have a dedicated account manager to help you set this up
So I will recommend waiting until this feature is fully released
Which is very shortly
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
so I don't know more details. I request please share with me more details which you know.

Mohit

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
HI Mohit,

Accessing Google Beta's is mostly limited to top agencies and not anyone gets regular updates as we do, so I understand your concerns, currently all info related to the product are confidential but you can access the interface by visiting www.google.com/ads/gsp/.

I hope this answers your question.

Best,

Muhannad

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Muhannad,
Thanks sharing this URL. But I already use this URL & I find this error:

error.JPG

After that I chatting with Google representative & they what answer, I already discuss with you. 

actually you reply me "I've been white-listed to use the product, but I've been so for more than a year now I though the product had been released ."

So I have some doubts & I question to you about GSP.

Thanks for answering

Mohit

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Lauren, I would suggest to follow a bit different remarketing strategy. There is a sense to cover as placements as you have setting frequency capping not to bother them too muck. So take advantage from Search, Display and YouTube remarketing. If you will limit remarketing to few targeting options you will get low amount of impressions and as a result less conversions.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Muhannad,

Thank you for your response. So, let me see if I understand correctly: you have been using remarketing with GSP in the GSP interface? I am not able to use the GSP interface so I will not be able to remarket since I am using GSP in the AdWords interface.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks,

Lauren

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes that's right, the product is still a beta and only white-listed advertisers are able to use it.

Thanks,

Muhannad