AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing list for people who have unread messages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am creating campaign for dating website. Is it possible to create reamrketing list for people who have unread messages or new visitors to his or her profile?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing list for people who have unread messages

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, its possible.

Siva.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Andre,

If I understood correctly, you want to keep track of the users who have registered with the website and whether those users have any new visitors visiting their profile or not. And then you want to retarget them with your ads. Let me know if that's not the case here.

I really doubt about this case what you are saying looks to me as if you want detailed information of the registered users in terms of how many users visit them and whether they have any unread messages. It's like intruding into someone's personal information, which as per my understanding is not acceptable. It's like violating privacy policy. That's my interpretation. I am not sure how you would do it technically and whether the method you will use will be legitimate or not.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Andre, if I understand correctly, you're looking for a way to alert people when they have unread messages via the Ad network.  If this is the case then the answer is probably no.  Since the remarketing lists can only be fed by a visit of some kind, to build a list based upon unread messages could only work if there were unread messages at the time of the visit and then, of course, they may read the messages before leaving.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits