AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing list based on customers emails

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Hypothetically,  if i upload a list of customers' emails to shared library to make remarketing, can i be able to download this list from there?

I am interested because if i want to give an access to my account to another company, can they be able to download the list from there to use for their own purposes? Or can they even see these emails somehow?

I am not sure about it.

Additionaly,

If i have list of emails of people, who use gmail, yahoo and yandex for example, google sponsored promotion (GSP) will work only for people with gmail emails? Thanks!

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
April 2016

Re: Remarketing list based on customers emails

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandr,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Once your email list is uploaded, checked for matches, and converted into an audience list, that file is deleted from your account. So the information contained in the email file will not be available to others. And to your second question, that's right--Gmail ads can only be targeted to customers with @gmail.com email addresses

If you want more information, here's a great resource available about Customer Match by one of our Top Contributors.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I believe that they will be able to see the email list if they have managerial access to that specific account.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
April 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandr,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Once your email list is uploaded, checked for matches, and converted into an audience list, that file is deleted from your account. So the information contained in the email file will not be available to others. And to your second question, that's right--Gmail ads can only be targeted to customers with @gmail.com email addresses

If you want more information, here's a great resource available about Customer Match by one of our Top Contributors.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Thank you for your answer.

So, they won't also be able to see the emails even in audience list, yes? No chance for the outsource company to copy emails?

Thanks.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
That's correct.