AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing in 2 different domains

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a question regarding remarketing in two different domains and tracking.

I have a client website selling for example cars (client.com/cars) and there is also a partner website (car.com). I want to remarket to the visitors of these two different domains using the same adwords account, while serving same messaging and being able to track the performance of each of them client.comcars and cars.com separately. 

Do you think this is possible?

Do I need to use 1 or 2 remarketing codes?

If I use the same remarketing code will I be able to track the performance of each of them?

I would really appreciate your help! Smiley Happy

Thanks

Lorena

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing in 2 different domains

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lorena R,

You want to run 2 clients' campaigns in the same account and they are both in the same business ansd same messagin? That doesn't sound like a good idea. You will only get one impression per account on a single SERP. The two clients will be constantly competing for that one impression.

I strongly recommend you open an MCC account, and open a regular account for each or your clients.

If you insist on running both clients' campaigns from the same account, you will need different remarketing codes for each site or you will not be able to remarket them separately according to the domain from which they came.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Remarketing in 2 different domains

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

Wouldn't creating 2 different list solve the purpose?

I have a similar query, If we place same re-marketing code on two different domains and then target respective audience by creating a separate list for each domain. Wouldn't this approach work?

Thanks,

Gurdanish