AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing impressions are there but tno conversion

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi There,

Since I set up a new remarketing campaign, I find that there are many impressions but no clicks for display ads. Could you please suggest some ways or how to improve number of clicks and reach better CTR for the ads which are performing well in terms of impressions?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing impressions are there but tno conversion

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Vijaylakshmi,

How long has the remarketing campaign been running, and how large is your remarketing list (you can see this under Shared Library > Audiences)?

One important aspect of successful remarketing campaigns which often gets overlooked is the ads--making sure you have both text and image ads, and making sure your ad copy offers something new to past visitors. If someone left your site without completing a desired action, you'll want to think about why that may be, and what your ad can say to try and bring them back!

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Cassie H,

Its almost a week now, since when the Remarketing campaign has been running, there has been 800 impressions for a visitor list of 1,100 for entire website for display for an ad group with not even single conversion.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Vijaylakshmi,

Have you gotten clicks on the campaign?

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes just 2 clicks for around 1000 impressions in a week. Looking around how to get improvement into it, any suggestions would be helpful however right now, we are not using text ads as that will need some more time however with image ads with corresponding landing page, its like the results as I mentioned above. Once it becomes easier to know what works well, we might switch to advanced strategies slowly, please suggest more in this regards.

Much Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

So you are getting CTR of 0.20% , it is low for a re-marketing campaign. You can expect CTR of 0.50% depending upon the product/service.
I would suggest:
- Increase your bids ( This is to make sure that you are not restricting any placement, you can decrease it later once you start getting traffic)
- Make sure you are not using other targeting (keywords, topics or placements) to insure your ads reach to maximum users
- Make sure there is no frequency capping (can restrict your ad)