AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing for small sites?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My site features just two books (one free ebook and one paid (e)book, note that the free one contains ads of the nonfree).

Is remarketing an effective strategy for such small site?

Should I use remarketing or not?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing for small sites?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Victor,

I believe that remarketing is an effective strategy for any website. It increases the likelihood that a user will return and purchase a product. However, given that you have a small site you probably won't see a lot of volume through remarketing. Your audience pools will be very small so it could take some time to start seeing significant traffic. Regardless, remarketing is easy to setup so even if it doesn't drive much volume I would recommend doing it.

Additionally, you may be able to implement some cool remarketing strategies given that you have a free and paid product. You could create a remarketing audience for people who have only viewed the free product vs only the paid product. This enables you to utilize differentiated ads and bids. Adding a Google remarketing tag also allows you to utilize Remarketing Lists for Search Ads which are awesome! https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Remarketing for small sites?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
As Jim explains the issue is likely to be around the size of your lists... for simple remarketing you need a minimum of 100 visitors on your list - for RLSA this rises to 1,000...