AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing for medical devices distributorship

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My company sells medical devices for clinics such as operation tables, ICU ventilators and other stuff which can not be used by individuals at all.  I've tryed to use remarketing for my site but it was banned by Google as violating rules practice. Does anyone have successfull remarketing in such medical B2B field?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing for medical devices distributorship

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Serg BC;

This is a nice question;

The issue here that the system cannot distinguish between a business searching for the devices and  a patient (i.e. An  individual user)  who accidentally (or not) - while searching about a specific illness -  might land on the page;

For example: if you are a supplier of asthma ventilators for drug manufacturers, your site could be visited by a patient searching for "buy asthma ventilator ". And, if you set a remarketing code, this could reveal / infer the user's health condition.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You are absolutely right, and the student who banned your rem. ad -is wrong. Now you are on the mission to talk over that "local customer support" team member, get tin touch with his superior and get things done. 

Nonsence about "Holy Google knows Better" leave to children, all adwords is just a huge crowd of incompetent students working part time. Get it real 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I understand this. But whole this situation did not looks unique, I think a lot of advertisers already asked support about this kind of issues. What do you think which next step could I do to convince Google give me OK for remarketing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Already had several attempts to do this. Holy Google still boss here)) And they refused to give me their supervisor. I feel that I should someone in Google who could solve this- but how to find him?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Adwords even automatically banned my remarketing lists (not campains!!) with such a message:

"Hello,

One or more of your remarketing lists have been disabled for use with AdWords. The list(s) violate the AdWords Policy for advertising based on interests and location: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465.

As a result, the affected remarketing list(s) may no longer be targeted in AdWords, and ad groups using the list(s) may have stopped showing ads. In order to ensure all your ads are active, you will need to remove the disabled list(s) from your ad groups.

Please review the policy and make any changes necessary to comply with it. You might need to apply changes to any of these:
- How the tag is implemented on your site
- Your list definitions
- Your ads
- Your campaign settings

When creating remarketing lists or creating your ads, you can't use any sensitive information about your site visitors or app users. In addition, some types of sensitive products and services cannot use remarketing or related AdWords features. To review what we consider to be sensitive for the purposes of this policy, see: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465#sensitive

Repeated violations of our advertising policies may result in the suspension of your AdWords account, so it's important to address any issues as soon as possible.

If you have questions, please see the AdWords Help Center for more information on disabled remarketing lists:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3337370

Health and Medicine
Sites or apps providing products or information regarding specific health conditions may not create user lists.

Thanks,
Google AdWords Policy Team"

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Serg BC;

AdWords Policy is applied uniformly across all accounts.  There are no accounts exempt form the Policy.

As long as there would be  a chance of user (i.e. a patient) visiting websites of medical device manufacturers / suppliers, and then shown remarketing ads, and  as a consequence could  reveal a medical condition - I doubt the Policy  would be changed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What a sorry story, Serg! 

Well we know what happened, obviously some incompetent student click the wrong button and put your site into this bog. 

I tried to fix things myself, even flew to Singapore and visited regional office of Adwords - the bottom line is "nobody there is responsible for anything, everybody hinding behind nick-names, afraid of mistakes and rather see you and your site drown than switch on their brains and give you a hand"

Frustrating, and terms are written so clever that any site or any activity can be banned "due to violation of policy" 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Oleg,
it seems that we should take it as a rule... I don`t want to spend my time helping Google to do their job if they did not want it. Thanks for your participation and all the best!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello MosheTVL,
thanks for your replies.