AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing for Video Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, when I tried to create a remarketing list for my true view video campaign I noticed that I can only choose a channel (not an ad) from which the remarketing videos ads will be shown to retargeted users.
How do I know which ads will actually show as remarketing ads within that YouTube channel ?

Also is it possible to show banner ads as a rimarketing ads as part of a true view video campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing for Video Campaign

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi there,

I'm not an expert on video campaigns but this sounds about right to me.

In all forms of remarketing you can usually only select your page within a domain to target your ads to, even if that's a video channel. I guess Google can't allow you to pick a video because videos come and go but the page will usually remain.

Just a guess though.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ronch,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

If you happen to create the remarketing list for your video campaign, you will see that there are multiple options out of which you can choose the right one for your channel or video which fits the best to re-target your users. Like this:

What I understand from a video campaign is that it gives you option to select a video from your Youtube channel and that video will be eligible for remarketing (unlike regular text ad in regular retargeting campaigns).

You can read this reference for more details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, tenx for the quick response.

I think I got the hang of it.. here goes:

Video campaigns are divided into target groups (the equivalent of ad groups).

Inside a target group there are video ads.

Each target group and it's vid ads can be linked to a specific targeting method, including

linking or targeting a remarketing list or lists.

You can find the targeting types under the 'Targets' tab in the video campaign