AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing estimates

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I've setup and implemented a remarketing tag on my landing page a couple of weeks ago.

If I look at the tag details it shows a few thousand hits each day.

When I setup a new audience based on the tag and landing page, the estimate link shows a few tens of thousand which seems ok (as it's the few thousands daily x the number of days)

Now, if I setup a new audience which includes the landing page visits audience but excludes the conversion audience (based on the automatically created audience from the conversion tag) - I get < 1000 in the list which makes no sense (I would still expect few tens of thousands as my conversion rate is around 4%)

In addition, looking at the landing page audience (which according to the estimate link has tens of thousands) it says "There are too few people on your remarketing list to get insights"

Can anyone see what I'm missing ?

Thanks !

1 Expert replyverified_user

Remarketing estimates

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Alda R

I am not sure I understand  what you mean by: "the estimate link shows a few tens of thousand which seems ok".

What actually happened was the "estimate" was (probably) wrong;

Can you explain how did you estimate the size of the RM list before having the tag installed?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Remarketing estimates

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I didn't estimate the size before the tag was installed.

The tag was installed. Two weeks went by and only then I created the list.

As it turns out - it took around 3 days for the list to populate with historical data - so the estimate was correct but it took a long time for the list to reflect that

Thanks anyway