AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing error - how to identify problem pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

An error is reported in the Adwords UI for one of my accounts, relating to the Remarketing Tags on my site.

It is "The tag is not passing all required values for "ecomm_pagetype".

My guess is that I have missed some pages which Google has indexed, but I seem to have no way of seeing which ones. The error suggests that the tag is output correctly on most pages, but not some.

The values I am using for "ecomm_pagetype" are:

category

home

product

siteview

cart

How can I see which urls / pages Adwords thinks are problematic?

Also - does Remarketing work at all when errors such as these are reported?

AdwordsBug.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing error - how to identify problem pages

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Yes, Google dynamic remarketing works with errors since it depends only on the product id pages.

Siva.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's good news. Is there a way to see which pages it thinks are problematic so I can clear the error message?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I just had a look at my client's dynamic remarketing notification area. It seems like we don't have a method to see which page is having problem with passing values. I think it will a tedious manual workSmiley Sad

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

From the screenshot, it seems like you're missing the "cart" and "purchase" page types. 

You can aboslutely run without that but you're probably missing out on good opportunities as customer who add products to their shopping carts gives a strong purchase intent signal, shopping cart abandonners typically perform the best.

Previous buyers typically also perform very well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do actually have the "cart" page type. I assumed it wasn't showing up in that error report as it wasn't hit as frequently as the other page types.

With regard to the "purchase" page type, because this site uses PayPal express checkout, many of our customers don't return to the site after completing purchase. Is there a way around this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
my suggestion will be to download Google Tag Manager and it will point out the errors on specific pages as and when you visit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok thanks, that's a good suggestion. I can't find any pages with errors reported in tag extension however. Maybe it's the absence of a page with a "purchase" page type.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
It would be difficult for us to guide you unless you reveal your website details. I promise it would be quicker if you do that...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No problem. The site is http://www.houseofradiators.co.uk