AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing don´t have any impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up an account for a remarketing campaign, and installed the remarketing tag on the site and its working fine; but Im getting no impressions and no clicks, the list is filling up, so far 50 people. Furthermore, I´ve set up a group of ads for gmail to work with a mail list, and nothing, and this one is between 200 and 300. All my ads have been approved and my budget is over the top.

Is there any way I can make sure there is no trouble with my set up? As Im new in remarketing Im unsure how is supposed to work properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alcama S
May 2016

Re: Remarketing don´t have any impressions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Alcama,

Thanks for the details. I think Kyle has hit the nail on the head on the customer match bit. You'll need to check if there are more emails that you can try and match to have around 700-1000 matches.

On the Remarketing bit, your list should have cross the min threshold by now. If not, please check with then number of sessions on your website on GA over the last 2 days. If the sessions are high enough but your list isn't then maybe the code isn't present everywhere or there is something goofy with the setup.

Do feel free to revert with any additional questions that you might have on this.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Alcama,

For a remarketing list to work on the GDN, it needs atleast 100 people to be part of the list. Hence for the first part of your query, it still does not have enough people.

For the gmail bit, what type of ads have you setup? If you are trying to run standard text/banner ads for Gmail then it won't work as Gmail ads are different than normal banners. Hope this is a different campaign than your Remarketing one as well.

Please see the links below:

Remarketing: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472738?hl=en
Gmail Ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6105478?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello NikhilM.

For the gmail I´ve set up the ads using ads gallery and there a single image template. The ad is according to size restrictions, a single .png with text and images. It is set up on a different campaign; and on that note, I have not used a remarketing list as segmentation, but rather a client mail list with a mail.google.com placement to target just gmail users.

On the remarketing side I guess it´s out of my hands for now.

Thanks.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
For the AdWords Customer Match (email Addresses), the number of people on the list is 1,000 valid matched emails in order for it to be active, but have read that some advertisers have had them go live with 800-900 valid emails on their list.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alcama S
May 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Alcama,

Thanks for the details. I think Kyle has hit the nail on the head on the customer match bit. You'll need to check if there are more emails that you can try and match to have around 700-1000 matches.

On the Remarketing bit, your list should have cross the min threshold by now. If not, please check with then number of sessions on your website on GA over the last 2 days. If the sessions are high enough but your list isn't then maybe the code isn't present everywhere or there is something goofy with the setup.

Do feel free to revert with any additional questions that you might have on this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, there is definitely a problem with the hits, so Im not going to stress out over that for the time being.

As for the client mail list, I have over 1500 valid mail lists, but only inbetween 200 and 300 google properties. That I don´t understand if you could clarify.

Thank you for your help.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The other thing to remember with remarketing lists, especially ones set to Bid & Target, is that with a small number of users the lists may not have been triggered at all. Even if the lists are set to bid only, it's still dependent on those people triggering those ads again. So it's possible your remarketing lists are setup fine, but just that the customers on those lists haven't been going to sites or using search terms that would trigger the ads.