AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing different campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Currently I'm running several campaigns in my adwords. Each campaign is a reflection of the product category of my webshop. 

I want to try out remarketing but I'm not so sure how. I have a few remarketing lists at my disposal. For example all users. If I use this list for all my campaigns, what is gonna happen? Will my men clothing ads for example only show to the people who visited my men clothing section or men clothing products pages? Or do I have to make seperate lists for each campaign? 

And how can I retarget for example people who abandoned a specific product and show them an ad of that same product ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chong

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You will need to build out your audiences - slice and dice them to target segments in as specific a way as possible. Thus, yes - you'd want to segment by the pages visited- so men's vs. women's for example. You might want to exclude anyone who completed a purchase - since you have their contact details and can probably market to them more effectively through other platforms such as email... etc.

The simplest way to do this is to set up your remarketing within Google Analytics and segment there - it's much more complicated within AdWords. You can get your messages much more on target this way.

Take a look at this piece I wrote here a while back on Google's digital garage : https://goo.gl/F7SPTG

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

It all depends on how you set things up, and whether you choose bid only, or target and bid for your adgroup targeting settings.

Are you using analytics remarketing, or AdWords remarketing tags?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. 

We use analytics remarketing.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Nowadays, you can do so much more with analytics than you can with AdWords code.

So, what do you want to do? Where/who is your target market? What is the most valuable audience?

Do you want to show men's clothing ads to users who visited the men's clothing page?

Or, do you want to advertise a unique value proposition to every user, under every circumstance, who explored your shopping cart, and for some reason, abandoned the purchase funnel?

Tom