AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing campaign doesn't get leads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

I have set up a remarketing campaign 2 days ago. I get no impressions still.

What I did was the following:

1) Got the tag and put it into the website code in a proper place, and got it confirmed
2) Created Remarketing lists in AdWords audience, its size is 120 by now, the duration is 180 days.
3) Created campaign (Display network only type)
4) Got the ad confirmed (text ad right now, but will replace with image banner soon) , ad group is eligible.
5) Put more money on my account (a day limit to begin with)

Please advise what else should I check?

Should I try to create remarketing lists in google analytics rather than in Adwords?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing campaign doesn't get leads

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Elena,

I would give it more time. Your list size is 120, the larger the list the better. Some of the sites your users are visiting may not be in the display network. I would give it about two weeks before you do anything else.

Be sure to check the following:

Display Network campaigns
To use remarketing on the Display Network, choose "Display Network only" > "Marketing objectives" > "Drive action" > "Buy on your website" when you create your campaign.

Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
HI Elena,

Also, did you add/target the remarketing audience to your Display campaign? In case you haven't, you can follow the steps here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3210317?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Troy.
I have changed the Drive action, I really had "Take an action on your website (for example, fill out a form)", so I changed it to "Buy on your website", as you recommended. We'll see how it does.

Have a great day!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Tommy.

I found one mistake I had, ( "Buy on your website" ) and now will see how it'll go.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Elena,

You should still look on your Display Network tab > Interests & remarketing - your remarketing audience should be listed there.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
You are welcome! Have a great week Smiley Happy