AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing campaign Not working

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys,

I set up  and started the Re-marketing campaign yeterday (1st March) but the campaign is not showing any data. Re-marketing code is placed as well.

FYI.. I have created two Adgroups

1] Based on topics

2] Based on the Main list

I have one text ad and three banner ads (all approved) in each of the Adgroup. The budget is set to $30/day and CPC is given as $0.50.

I dont know what is happening. Did i miss something..?

Please help me out its very urgent. Also please do share the best practices to make the campagin achieve ROI.

Thanks in Advance..Smiley Happy

Regards,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing campaign Not working

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Azeem,

How many members do you have in your remarketing list? Ads will not show if that number is less than 100.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

1] Main list is having 2600 

2] Second list 310

Altogether - 2910 Visiotrs

Azeem Shaikh

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

So the number in the list is not the problem.

Your bid can be another issue (depends on the target audience and the sites they visit.

Try increasing your bid bit more.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok..i'll try this and see if this works.

Apart from this i have query based on remarketing. I would like to ask that is it necessary to add like combination of  "Display Keywords" + "Interest & Re-marketing" together or any other combination with "Interest and remarketing" to make it work out more effective.?

OR just adding "Interest and remarketing" alone will work fine..?

Thanks,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

Adding keywords, topics or placements with your remarketing list will help you to reach a very specific target audience.

But at the same time it will reduce your reach.

I will suggest to not add any of these options in the beginning, try the reach of entire remarketing list first. Then narrow down to your profitable audience based on results.

Just a thought.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I agree with info;

You have 3 targeting methods that "intercept" - that could end up in an "empty group" - meaning no impressions. For start, just check that Remarketing works.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I noticed that my Re-marketing campaign started accumuling data and just got over in couple of hours.

The entire budget was mostly spent on "Topic" related Adgroup.

The other "Main list" Adgroup didnt got much oportunity to show the ads as the budget was already exhausted.

So, here i would like to ask should i use only the Main list Adgroup first..and see the performance..? AND pause the "Topic" Adgroup for the time being..?

Thanks,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on my last post in this message thread..?

Thanks,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Azeem,

I will suggest, you test the effectiveness of your remarketing list and its reach with the main list with out adding topics, placements or keywords.

Then analyse the results. Check conversions and the sites from where you are getting conversions.

This will give you enough data to decide which type of display network wesites are good for your campaign.

Based on that you can select placements. topics or keywords to use with your main remarketing list.

Hope this helps,