AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing budget Guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone offer any guidance on how to establish an optimal budget for remarketing for a local 

car dealership in southern ontario, canada?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing budget Guidelines

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Sarah,

Depending on how you create and define your "Remarketing Lists", the optimal budget is defined by your measure of your Conversion ROI metrics.

Remaketing is bringing back users to your website, defined by cookie length and rule situations when you create your lists.

You can create remarketing for Display network, as well as RLSA.

So basically Sarah, their isn't a quote X is the best amount to budget. It's based on what you want and what you can afford. Typically however the Remarketing bids for display are lower and are not a frequently clicked upon, so even having a High budget of say 500 a month you will more then likely only get 30-50 clicks a month and then it depends on the bid CPC you set up for that click.

Best advice is to give it a decent budget and monitor it to find your best ROI situation.

If you need a Set amount for your boss?, Go with $200 CA and monitor it. Otherwise pick, test, monitor, adjust.

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Excellent walk through for choosing budgets. Thanks Eric.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Sarah,

I agree with Eric on this. Whenever I have started a Remarketing campaigns, I have never gone with an estimated budget for the campaign. I have always looked at the other campaign performance for the same region/location and estimated a decent budget that will allow me to successfully test Remarketing for that location.

You can check the avg. CPC's you are recording in your display campaigns for the same location and the avg. spends that you incur daily. Depending on this, you will atleast get a decent idea as to what a good budget for the Remarketing campaign can be.

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah,

It actually depends on the factors already mentioned above. But I usually start with a budget that is 15 to 25% of the main campaigns. I closely monitor it for positive ROI, and adjust the budget accordingly. In some shopping campaigns, I have gone with a budget of near 40% of the main campaigns budgets. With this increase in the budget (dynamic remarketing), I have been able to increase conversions to a greater extent, besides those 'View Through Conversions'.

However, there is not predefined rule for such budgets and it varies from campaigns to campaigns, and business to business.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.