AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing and Location settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I have a remarketing campaign, will my location settings be completely disregarded? Is it possible to target a specif audience list and then limit that audience to a specific location?

I am asking this because i am noticing that i get many impressions for countries that I do not target in my re marketing campaigns.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing and Location settings

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Steve

Yes, location targeting will work with Re-marketing campaign. In order to get traffic from that region only, change your location advanced setting to "People in may targeted location only" option.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Re: Remarketing and Location settings

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Steve,

This is very much possible by changing your Advanced location setting to "People in my targeted Locations", as suggested by Abhishek. This will essentially limit your targeting to the locations is your priority.

The reason why you are recording impressions from locations that are not your priority is because your targeting is not limited to just one or two locations and because there are users who are part of your remarketing list that do not reside in your priority locations.

Do give this setting change a try and add your location to the remarketing campaign to see if indeed this helps.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"