AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Volume Requirement?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 6 pages that my remarketing lists are based on that are all just barely falling short of the minimum 100 member threshold. Like 60-80 members in a 30 day period.

Is this threshold confined to users who visit within 30 days no matter what? Or if I change my list membership duration to 45 days or 60 days will that help me meet the requirement to trigger my remarketing ads? (just taking longer to trigger?)

Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bridget P
August 2016

Re: Remarketing Volume Requirement?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Bridget_P,

The threshold duration is based on the duration you set for your remarketing list. You can set a remarketing list up to 540 days, which is what we do for small clients with low traffic volume such as you are discussing here.

Try adding longer durations such as 90, 180, 360 or even 540 days.

let me know if that helps.

Nick

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
The numbers don't lie. Smiley Happy Nick is right, if you don't have the volume necessary within a 30 day window, then increase the duration.
Tom

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Yes - If you extend the duration, your remarketing lists should then be eligible - As soon as you have the minimum number of users.

If you double the duration to 60 days, then you should average about 120 - 160 users per list. Once an individual user has been on the list for 60 days, they then get removed because the duration has ended. As long as you average over 100 users per list, over the duration, then your ads should continue to show.
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks everyone for your replies! This makes me so much more optimistic about our remarketing efforts!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again!

Quick follow-up question:

I have now set all of my lists to 90 days and I see now that 4 of the 6 have qualified for remarketing ad distribution so far! Hurray!

I also have noticed that there is something of a delay once Google detects your list has qualified. It seems like once your list hits 100 members Google removes the "Too small to target for the Display Network" from the Display Network > Interests & Remarketing tab view within about 24 hours.

But, Google doesn't seem to start serving your remarketing ads right away. It actually looks like it takes a few days for Google to start serving your ads to a recently qualified list... or maybe you just have to be above 100 members for a certain amount of time before Google commits and serves your ads?

Is anyone familiar with an additional requirement or time limit before it starts actually showing your ads to the list audience (after hitting 100 members)?

For context, as of this morning my lists have the following member volumes: List 1 = 450, List 2 = 260, List 3 = 150, List 4 = 120, List 5 = 110, List 6 = 96

So far only list 1 and 2 have any impressions/clicks, and only lists 5 and 6 still are telling me that they are "Too small to target for the Display Network".

Thanks again!