AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Text ads showing images from Google My Business (as image extensions)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I use two remarketing campaigns. One for image and one for text.

The text ads are taking images from GMB- and putting them below text ads. (Making them image ads)

Can this be prevented?

(I will usually agree agree on copy and imagery with the client)- but this is taking away control.

Recently an image was taken in that was totally wrong with what the advertiser wanted.

So I had to pause the text ads campaigns (that are automatically showing image extensions).

I just want text ads to be text ads (unless they are dynamic text ads- when applicable).

Best Regards

Liam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Remarketing Text ads showing images from Google My Business (as image extensions)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Liam,

The solution is to switch off location extensions in the display campaign.

Here’s a Display Network example. A major clothes retailer wants to target the audience segment “Fashionistas” – encouraging people browsing online to come into the nearby shop and make purchases. To accomplish this goal, the shop’s account manager sets up location extensions. Now, location-based ads – that include the store's location, Google Maps directions and images – may show to people on Display Network websites and apps.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182