AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Text ads showing images from Google My Business (as image extensions)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I use two remarketing campaigns. One for image and one for text.

The text ads are taking images from GMB- and putting them below text ads. (Making them image ads)

Can this be prevented?

(I will usually agree agree on copy and imagery with the client)- but this is taking away control.

Recently an image was taken in that was totally wrong with what the advertiser wanted.

So I had to pause the text ads campaigns (that are automatically showing image extensions).

I just want text ads to be text ads (unless they are dynamic text ads- when applicable).

Best Regards

Liam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Remarketing Text ads showing images from Google My Business (as image extensions)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Liam,

The solution is to switch off location extensions in the display campaign.

Here’s a Display Network example. A major clothes retailer wants to target the audience segment “Fashionistas” – encouraging people browsing online to come into the nearby shop and make purchases. To accomplish this goal, the shop’s account manager sets up location extensions. Now, location-based ads – that include the store's location, Google Maps directions and images – may show to people on Display Network websites and apps.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182