AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tags

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to ask about the error I got for dynamic remarketing tag. I got this error: "We haven't detected custom parameters for custom business types (AdWords)". Indeed currently i'm not using the custom parameters for custom business type because i saw some other websites do the same thing (without using the parameters). 

This is my script example

<!-- Google Tag Manager -->

... GTM script ...

<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->

<!-- Script to push -->

<script>

(function() {

try {

window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];

dataLayer.push ( {

'event': 'fireRemarketingTag',

'google_tag_params': {

'id': 1234,

'pagetype': 'offerdetail',

'saleprice': '123,000.00 IDR',

}

});

} catch(e) { console.log(e);} }) ();

</script>

<! -- End of push -->

Right now I'm using GTM to retrieve the tag which is pushed from data layer without custom parameter dynx_itemid or dynx_totalvalue for custom business type. Instead, I've set the GTM and debug it, and It works. When the remarketing tag event is fired, the custom parameters will be retrieved like this for each key and value

• dynx_itemid = {{product id}}
  • dynx_pagetype = {{product pagetype}}
  • dynx_totalvalue = {{product saleprice}}

But i still got that error in the adwords and the dynamic remarketing is not running.

Is there any mistake in the setting?

And could we really retrieve the tags without default parameters in dataLayer or even without dataLayer itself?

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Georgius R
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Tags

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hey Georgius,

Things look fine on your site, it might just take a bit of time for data to get updated in AdWords. When did you complete your implementation? Under Shared Library > Audiences you can see the last update date in the "Remarketing Tag" box in the upper right.

A few recommendations in the mean time:

- For dynx_totalvalue you pass values like "315\,000.00 IDR". Ideally you should pass a valid JavaScript number (e.g. 315000.00)
- You only implemented the "offerdetail" page, although that's technically enough, ideally you'd track all page types (home, searchresults, conversionintent, conversion). In particular in your case, "conversionintent" could be tied to the "add to cart" event, as users who add items to cart are much more likely to convert.
- Make sure that your feed is as complete as possible and includes all the products found in your site

If things don't improve in a few days, please post again here.

- Maxime

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Georgius,

It would be a lot easier to help you if you shared the website on which you deployed this.
Have you used the GTM debug mode or the Google Tag Assistant chrome extension to troubleshoot this?

- Maxime

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Maxime,

This is the link to the web I. The problem changed after reviewed in adwords. The others are active except dyns_itemid.

The error in the adwords said "We found the custom parameter "dynx_itemid" in very few pages" and the dynx_itemid is "GTM-KT3HF8" which is id in GTM, not in datalayer and used for matching the feed id. (I guess)

Should I change the id in script to feed id and remove the dynx_itemid in datalayer in my GTM script?

Or maybe other solution?

Thank you,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Georgius R
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hey Georgius,

Things look fine on your site, it might just take a bit of time for data to get updated in AdWords. When did you complete your implementation? Under Shared Library > Audiences you can see the last update date in the "Remarketing Tag" box in the upper right.

A few recommendations in the mean time:

- For dynx_totalvalue you pass values like "315\,000.00 IDR". Ideally you should pass a valid JavaScript number (e.g. 315000.00)
- You only implemented the "offerdetail" page, although that's technically enough, ideally you'd track all page types (home, searchresults, conversionintent, conversion). In particular in your case, "conversionintent" could be tied to the "add to cart" event, as users who add items to cart are much more likely to convert.
- Make sure that your feed is as complete as possible and includes all the products found in your site

If things don't improve in a few days, please post again here.

- Maxime

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Maxime,

It's finally solved and updated by google.
Right now i'm trying to complete the feed.

Thank you very much for helping me.