AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tag is similar to Conversion Tag?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I already have a google conversion tag, with a certain id number, let's call it:

"var google_conversion_id = 123456"

this tag appears only on my conversion page of course.

But now I want to set up remarketing, so I need a tag to include in all my pages,

and then create audience lists of people who for example visited the landing page, but didn't get to the conversion page.

The script that google email me for the remarketing tag, containg "var google_conversion_id = 123456" as well. is that ok?

Also, under "Shared library" > "Audiences" - Google says that my "Adwords Tag is already active", with about 100 visitors. but this is referring to visitors of my conversion page, so I'm afraid google is mixing it up, as I didn't even set up the re marketing tag on any of my pages.

Bottom line, I'm confused. it said somewhere that If I create a new list I could get a new tag, but no new tag was suggested to me anywhere.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Tag is similar to Conversion Tag?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Conversion IDs in both the codes (conversion tracking & re-marketing) could be same. If you check the codes that I just created (screenshot attached), you'll find the same ID. But they're two different set of codes entirely. So you can be rest assured that Google isn't mixing them up.

Coming to 'tag being active': could you navigate to the conversion page and check for active tags using Tag Assistant? I think there's a code sitting there or possibly a GA code with re-marketing is active.

Let me know what you find and we can troubleshoot from thereSmiley Happy

- Sumanth

Code.png

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

This is the current code:

<script type="text/javascript">
/* <![CDATA[ */
var google_conversion_id = 123456789;
var google_conversion_language = "en";
var google_conversion_format = "3";
var google_conversion_color = "ffffff";
var google_conversion_label = "something";
var google_remarketing_only = false;
/* ]]> */
&lt;/script&gt;

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Jay,

Have you checked the conversion page using Tag Assistant? What does it show?
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi

As suman said using tag assistance would be easier to digonosis if you have any problem with the code. As per your question you dont have to worry about the conversion id being same in remarketing tag and conversion tracking.

you anyway have same conversion tracking id in remarketing also. So you can go ahead and insert remarketing tag.