AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tag Code Inside an Email

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to remarket to people who open various emails and I understand that emails will not be able to load the Javascript remarketing code, but how about using the code's <noscript> image inside of an email?

Will the HTML tracking image place people in a remarketing audience or is this not doable?

Any thoughts would be great.

Thank you!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Tag Code Inside an Email

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Ryan.

In theory, it should work. Triggering a remarketing code on several websites is possible, and having it triggered on browsers without Javascript should also be possible, which makes me think that the intersection of the two should also work, but I'm afraid you'll have to try it for yourself.

Hopefully though your customers read their e-mails using the very same browser / client they use for web browsing, otherwise you won't be able to use the remarketing list you're creating.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ryan,

You posted the same question on another thread, and I answered there. I'll do it again in case someone comes across this post.

I do not agree at all that placing the remarketing image in an email, in theory or any other way, will add the person to your remarketing list. The image sets a third party cookie on the browser that gets the image. Placing the image in an email does not set that cookie on your browser. The image needs to be opened by a browser, and the cookie only exists for that browser.

If you open the image with IE, then browse with Firefox, the cookie does not exist in Firefox. Same when you open the image with an email message. Yes, Thunderbird uses the same HTML rendering engine as Firefox, but Thunderbird will not set a cookie in Firefox.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yo man, did you try this? did it work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Petebardo,

What if email clients like gmail / yahoo mail that get accessed via browsers carry remartketing noscript tag, will it work ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi spot i,

That should work, but only for the users who access their email online.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Spot,
Can you tell me whether you managed to do this tracking through: "What if email clients like gmail / yahoo mail that get accessed via browsers carry remarketing noscript tag, will it work ?" and if yes can you describe the way you pass the code, you get this, step by step may be some example?
Thanks a lot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Has there been any further progress with this idea? Has anyone seen successes or failures with implementing a remarketing pixel in emails?

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!