AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Split Testing Impression Caps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone --

I am just getting started in remarketing. I am wanting to split-test to see if we get better results from "blasting" more impressions over a shorter period or spreading the impressions over a longer period. So, I think I want to set up 2 identical lists, one with a cookie duration of 7 days, with 10 impressions per day frequency cap, and the second with a cookie duration of 21 days and a frequency cap of 5 impressions per day. (Numbers are approximate.) Is this the right way to go about this? It seems like then all visitors will get 15 impressions a day for 7 days (from both lists), then 5 impressions a day for the next 14 days, but that's not what I want. If I make the 7 day list a negative for the 30-day list, then I get all visitors getting the "ad blast" for 7 days, then less impressions for another 14 days, again, not what I want. Is there a way to evenly & blindly distribute visitors between the 2 lists, sort of like rotating ads evenly?

I hope this question makes sense & thanks for any input.

Susan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sddalg
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Split Testing Impression Caps

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

This is tricky. I can´t think of any really good way of doing this simultaneously

I´d probably make 2 lists: one for visitors who visited some parts of the website, and the other for those visited other parts (or at least not the first part). And I´d apply the time strains and freq caps you mention for these.

Just try to make sure visitors on those lists are as similar as possible, so that not one group is much more prone to buying

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sddalg
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

This is tricky. I can´t think of any really good way of doing this simultaneously

I´d probably make 2 lists: one for visitors who visited some parts of the website, and the other for those visited other parts (or at least not the first part). And I´d apply the time strains and freq caps you mention for these.

Just try to make sure visitors on those lists are as similar as possible, so that not one group is much more prone to buying

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry to not respond sooner - thanks for the reply! So it sounds like it's not possible to split-test exactly.