AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing: Search audience list size has been zero for months

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What would cause the following behavior in list size?

Note how I have a decent 2-month long green span for search audience. It is exactly two months long, starting on May 23 and ending in Jul 24. The audience size is 2 on those dates and reaches 1000 on the plateau in the middle (Jun 21-27).

The display audience keeps fluctuating, and increases substantially due to a display/social campaign initiated at the end of July. However, this seems to have no effect on search audience. In fact, I seem to get the search audience when the traffic is steady, and lose it despite the rise.

This data is imported from Google Analytics remarketing, with an audience of All Users for that view. The view was created in April, and the audience in May.

What could have happened to my search visitors? I get it that with many small accounts I don't get this list at all, but how did I get it and lose it with this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Suley,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Sometimes remarketing lists for search ads do not refresh or update as often as display lists, especially if the list has not been applied to an active campaign or has been sitting in your account unused for a while. The workaround here is to create a new remarketing list (any kind) in your Analytics account to "jump start" this process again.

If you'd like to confirm if this is the case, I'd recommend getting in touch with the AdWords support team directly so that they can take a look into your account and make sure everything is set up correctly.

Cassie

Re: Remarketing: Search audience list size has been zero for months

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@CassieH Before retiring any existing audiences, I decided to test by creating a new AdWords audience. The results are like this:

audience-comparison.png

The top AW audience ran for a couple of weeks, while the below Analytics audiences have been running for months. Is this the case of a stale audience like you described? Is really the only solution to this problem to delete that audience and start over?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im experiencing the same issue. Smiley Sad