AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Rules Based on a URL with Lots of Paramters

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set up a remarketing list by creating a rule targeting visits to a URL. 

The URL is somethng like this: 

Login URL: 

https://sub.example.com/web/wcs/stores234/servlet/LogonForm?emailLink=true&dest=FPMLMainViewCmd?stor...

I tried rules like : 

-Contains: stores234

No Visitors 

-URL Equals: 

https://sub.example.com/web/wcs/stores234/servlet/LogonForm?emailLink=true&dest=FPMLMainViewCmd?stor...

No Visitors 

We are trying to remarket to users who reach any 2 login pages, but are having issues with these dynamic URLs. 

I have the remarketing code on ALL pages on the site (confirmed) with tag assitant. 

Also I know the site is getting thousands of visistd per day, so it is not like of visitors. 

Any thoughts or help would be great. Look forwward to any feedback . Thanks! 

Manny

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Rules Based on a URL with Lots of Paramters

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Manny, the rules you describe should work.  When you say "No visitors", how long did you wait for the list to populate?  Is it showing "0" in the list view of Remarketing Lists?

Does this page confirm the tag is active - is it shown in Tag Assistant?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the Reply Cobnut, yes I have waited 2-3 days it says updating, then just stays with a dash like -

I did confirm the main remarketing tag is on the all pages.

I am using the vanilla remarketing code with no tweaks or changes, adding to every page on the site and setting up the rules as described above.

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/3wp4r/3uqd?size=o

The main list is picking up users, but not the ones with the different rules.

Any thoughts?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Manny, how big would you expect the list(s) to be by now?  Can you compare to Analytics data for those pages?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
at least several hundred per day per Omniture data

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

There could be substantial differences between the data reported by Omniture and what (who) Google is prepared to add to a Remarketing list, though I'll admit if you're seeing several hundred real visitors per day who appear to satisfy your Rules, I'd have expected some to have been added.

All I can advise at this stage is that you contact AdWords support and let them look into it for you.  They'll be able to examine your setup and should be able to provide you with an answer.

Jon

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Manny,

In my experience sometimes you may have to wait for a good 10 - 15 days for the custom lists to be populated. I understand that you are getting a lot of visits to these pages everyday but you also have to keep in my mind that the Remarketing lists consider only Unique users.

Since you are creating a list for just a couple of pages, it may take a lot of time for them to be populated.

My advice in the end would be to wait it out and next time plan these things in advance.

Hope this helps!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi Manny,

Just wanted to add something here:

One of my colleagues had an account where he had faced a similar situation where his remarketing list was not getting populated at all. When he reached out to his Google Rep, they informed him that since his website/product was of a medical nature, the Remarketing list ( the display remarketing list in particular) will never be populated as Google has strict policies on classifying users based on their searches or behavior when it is related to the Medical & Health sector.

If your product/ service is in any way related to medicine or selling of medicine any how via the website, you may need to get your AdWords account whitelisted & your website certified by Google to advertise.

More on this can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en

Do let me know if this helps.

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"