AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing :: Organic Lists From Analytics :: Connect to existing campaign or create stand-alone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My question pertains to campaign structure optimization:

I have enabled organic remarketing via analytics and 'shared' the list with an adwords account.

Further, I have filtered the list in analytics to narrow down visitors to a certain page (ie. URL) in order to make the list qualified for adword consumption.

Historically, prior, to the above I have had several adword campaigns operating with conversions enabled etc.

However, it is not clear to me the optimal route to leverage my organic remarketing list being accumulated from website visitors from analytics.  

Which of the following is the best route: 

a. Should I connect the remarketing list to my EXISTING campaigns and existing ad groups/ads

b. Or should I created a cloned campaign based on above and then connect my analytics organic remarketing list.

I realize there are additional opportunites to exploit similar audiences/email list remarketing etc but for the time being I wish to understand whether remarketing should be silo'ed into its own campaign structure?

Thanks

J

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jason s
5d

Remarketing :: Organic Lists From Analytics :: Connect to existing campaign or create stand-alone?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No.  For display, you set them up differently.  But, you can copy/paste the ads if you don't have a separate offer.  I suppose you could just add a new ad group, but I like to monitor them separately, and have the option for a separate budget.

For RSLA, you can add it onto an existing search campaign.  

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I usually create separate campaigns for remarketing.  It doesn't matter to me if they are created within analytics for through an Adwords tag.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Shanee,

So you dupe any previous campaigns and then hook either the adwords remarketing list or organic version?

Is there some technical/limiting reason its not hooked into existing campaigns?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jason s
5d

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No.  For display, you set them up differently.  But, you can copy/paste the ads if you don't have a separate offer.  I suppose you could just add a new ad group, but I like to monitor them separately, and have the option for a separate budget.

For RSLA, you can add it onto an existing search campaign.  

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Shanee - sorry for late reply!