AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Lists - What deterines the count in Search/YouTube/Display size columns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

New to remarketing but confused by the list size numbers in the List Size columns. I have a list that is all website visitors. The numbers in each of the Search, YouTube and Display columns are different. Lets assume I have 10,000 users (cookies dropped) i.e. I should have a total list of 10,000 users. If Search reads 2,300, YouTube, 2000 and Display 4000 does this mean that of my 10k users, 2,000 of them are on YouTube (or have been on Youtube recently), i.e. what puts a user in each column? Does it mean that my users have popped up on these networks recently?

If the assumption is correct, is there anywhere you can see how big your absolute list is? i.e. how many cookies have been dropped in total even though I might not be able to market to these folks.

Appreciate any help, as it is not described anywhere how numbers in these columns are arrived at, or how big my absolute list is! e.g. how many time my remarketing tag has fired!

Thanks

Jim

1 Expert replyverified_user

Remarketing Lists - What deterines the count in Search/YouTube/Display size columns?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out to the AdWords Community.

We apologize for our delay in responding to your question. If you're still encountering the above mentioned issue, please let us know. We'd be more than happy to look into this right away.

Thanks again for your patience, we look forward to hearing back.

Best,

Bhargavi