AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Lists Not Populating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, maybe you can help me troubleshoot this since AdWords support hasn't called me back since I spoke with them on Thursday.

In my old AdWords account I created several Rule-Based remarketing lists that populated all past visitors following those rules, going back 90 days. These lists numbered in the thousands shortly after creation. In a new AdWords account, I created identical rule based lists, and after a week, not one past or current customer has be added to the list. This AdWords account has full permissions and is linked to our website's Analytics account, but for some reason no data is being passed along.

Has anyone experienced this and can fill me in or troubleshoot?

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Lists Not Populating

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Ian,

Just to clarify, do you have your remarketing set up using AdWords remarketing code, or through Google Analytics audiences?

Cassie

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
HI Ian,

Can you also clarify that both AdWords account are in same MCC?
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They are not under the same MCC, the older account with the original lists that work will be moved over soon.

Can accounts under the same MCC share audience lists?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Yes, If it is in same MCC, It can be shared by Google Account Manager.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Small correction,

Now you can also share the Remarketing audience from one AdWords account to another, If both are in the same MCC.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6123188?utm_source=email&utm_medium=path&utm_campaign=7641...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I now have both AdWords accounts under the same MCC. However, none of the options in that article seem to be available or exists when I try to replicate the detailed steps.