AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing List

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have created multiple re-marketing list. Some are created with Google Analytics(Tag-based) others are within Google Adwords(Rule Based). And in my audience list a find some of type "Similar".

My question is

1.) What is these "similar" type re-marketing list and how they are created?

2.) Few of my tag-based lists shows - "Display only" under "No of search users" column, Why so?

3.) Is it true that  re-marketing list created through Adwords can be used for search campaigns only whereas re-marketing list created through Analytics can be used for display campaign only?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing List

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

The similar audience is selected based on their browsing activity on Display Network sites over the last 30 days (people whose interests are similar to those of your site visitors).

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2676774?hl=en

Some remarketing lists are available for both Google Search and the Display Network, while others are available for the Display Network only. For example the 'similar to' audience/remarketing list is selected based on visitors browsing activity on Display Network sites over the last 30 days. As the list is created based on behavior on the Display Network, it is only available for search Network targeting.

Re-marketing list created through Adwords can be used for search campaigns and Display campaigns. But you can not use remarketing list created by Analytics to target ads in search network as far as I know.

Deepak

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Deepak,

1.) As you said "The similar audience is selected based on their browsing activity on Display Network sites over the last 30 days (people whose interests are similar to those of your site visitors)." You mean that this list contains audience which are not previous visitors of my website.

2.) As i can check the size of my re-marketing lists. All similar re-marketing lists either have bigger list size or not started building yet compared to original list.

3.) Just confirm me: A list created in Adwords is marked as rule-based and a list created in Analytics is marked as rule-based. If so than why two of three tag-based re-marketing lists shows "display only" and third have 1,400 no of search users.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi

1.) As you said "The similar audience is selected based on their browsing activity on Display Network sites over the last 30 days (people whose interests are similar to those of your site visitors)." You mean that this list contains audience which are not previous visitors of my website.

Yes (people whose interests are similar to those of your site visitors).

2.) As i can check the size of my re-marketing lists. All similar re-marketing lists either have bigger list size or not started building yet compared to original list.

The number in your actual remarketing lists are based on the number of 'actual visitors' on your site. The 'Similar to' list is created from people based on just their browsing patterns on the Display network (which is similar to your actual site visitors). So this number is more.

3.) Just confirm me: A list created in Adwords is marked as rule-based and a list created in Analytics is marked as rule-based. If so than why two of three tag-based re-marketing lists shows "display only" and third have 1,400 no of search users.

Can you show a screenshot?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

remarketing.png

please check

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I think the two tag based lists showing Display Only is created by Analytics Tags and the one with 1400 search users is create from Adwords remarketing Tag.

Please check the associated tags with the lists and confirm.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Can you guide my how i can check associated tag with re-marketing list?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Click Shared library in the side navigation bar.
Click the View > link under "Audiences."

You can find all your remarketing lists and details there.