AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing List with conversion off site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I saw the remarketing tutorial of the italian bike tours and I would love to get off my list users that converted. The thing is my page supplies leads and some leads turn to a sale (they convert) but off site (offline). Is there a way to get off my remarketing list customers that converted off site? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author germanliu
September 2015

Re: Remarketing List with conversion off site

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

One possible way to get this to work would be to create an offer/validation page that the converted users need to go to so they can activate/get the offer after they have converted for you.

You could send the client an email with a link to the validation page which contains the remarketing tag and then they would be added to the list.

Remember you need 100 people on your list so consider how long the audience tag would need to be active.

It really depends on how they convert offline whether this solution would work for you.

Hope it help though.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Germanliu,

You can add a "negative list" only to people that converted online by creating a "Custom combination list".

You can't delete from the list people that bought your products offline - but you shouldn't worry about it >> if they bought the product they don't need it and they wont click on the ads - and you pay for clicks.

Good Luck,

Asaf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author germanliu
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

One possible way to get this to work would be to create an offer/validation page that the converted users need to go to so they can activate/get the offer after they have converted for you.

You could send the client an email with a link to the validation page which contains the remarketing tag and then they would be added to the list.

Remember you need 100 people on your list so consider how long the audience tag would need to be active.

It really depends on how they convert offline whether this solution would work for you.

Hope it help though.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey germanliu,

If you have people converting offline, I don't think there is a way to directly pull them off your remarketing list..

If you know the conversion time frame of your users, you could use this to your advantage...

For example if a user comes to your website on day1, and eventually purchase offline within a week.. your conversion timeline is about a week if this is the trend... so.. Stop your remarketing campaign after 1 week.

Since you know your business, you may know a time frame...Use this suggestion only  if you can identify a time range...

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Shweta

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I liked purefuzz

It's a good idea to send an email for they to click and tag them that way.

Thank's!