AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing List -starting and stopping

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, 

Last month, I noticed that there was a day that my Remarketing list seemed to not have fired- it seemed dormant. No views, impressions or clicks and the budget not being spent. The next day, it was fine again. We (Adwords support) and I attributed this to a potential glitch in the system or the algorithm not understanding recent campaign changes so I let it go. The following week- it occurred again.

At this point, it's every other day.

One day it fires, the next it just stays there dormant- not spending any budget - 0 views, clicks or impressions. I'm at my wits end as we keep trying things and nothing seems to be working.

The list is set to target CPA

Budget is 25$ Average CPA is set to 10$ (Google suggested raising it to 14,50..) It just makes no sense because if I tell the algorithm I'm willing to spend 14,50 on a conversion...it can't give me more than 1 and a half...

Has anyone ever had a Remarketing campaign shut on and off like this and do you know why it did this and how I can stop it? 

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I suspect the bot triggered a Policy issue  and  disabled the list;

What are you promoting?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Wearables in the event industry (lighting)