AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing List membership

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi (MosheTLV, @Jon_Gritton 

have some scenarios and need your help in understanding them better:

1. User is not signed into gmail, visits my site, and later visits my site from a different browser. This will create 2 different remarketing list members in the same list - right?   

2. User is signed into gmail and does the same like before. There be 2 different members again - right?

3. User is signed into gmail on several devices. With all of them he's visiting my site. This will generate several remarketing list members - right?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mvarga
September 2015

Re: Remarketing List membership

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
List membership is managed by cookies - so these are device and browser specific. So, yes, the person will join the list multiple times, but each "identity" will only be served ads when the user is on the same device and in the same browser.... so the number of ads they will see will depend on how much time they spend online rather then how many times they are on the list.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mvarga
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
List membership is managed by cookies - so these are device and browser specific. So, yes, the person will join the list multiple times, but each "identity" will only be served ads when the user is on the same device and in the same browser.... so the number of ads they will see will depend on how much time they spend online rather then how many times they are on the list.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks @stickleback.

it's like I thought, but still sometimes you need a confirmation you're right.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@mvarga;

This is  a very nice question,... I  see  that @stickleback has already replied, and explained  the mechanism governed the lists

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’