AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing List Conditional Statements Limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

While attempting to create a new Remarketing list, I've found the current list UI only allows 9 conditional (and / or) statements. After 9 conditionals (in my case, URL starts with, "OR" URL starts with...), I receive an error stating "Value is too long" when I try to save the list. 

Is there a reason for this limit? I prefer to keep all of the related URL's I'm attempting to remarket in one specific list, as oppossed to 4 or 5 different lists for the same subject. Is there a way around this? 

Thanks,

-A

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing List Conditional Statements Limit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi A,

Welcome to the Community!

I don't have an answer for why there are limitations but I would guess that a Custom Combination could be used to create your 1 master list.  Perhaps this isn't the way you want to go but it could be a solution.  Create your 9+ lists or maybe 2 or 3 with multiple conditional elements and then combine them into one list with a custom combination.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Remarketing List Conditional Statements Limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks,

it's not the most ideal solution, but I think it's the way I'm going to go. I find it strange Google would place a limitation on the number of conditionals and not make any statement as to why. 

-A