AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing - Image or Text

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adwords People, 

I have a confusion. I have this budget of 6000 INR (100 Dollars approx) and I want to spend it on Display retargeting. Now, my confusion is  

1- Can i create both text and image Ad in single display targeting campaign?

2- or should I create Search retargeting and display retargeting campaign for texts and image Ads respectively?

Thank you

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing - Image or Text

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Ayush,

Are you trying to create a separate re-marketing campaign or Display network campaign? In remarketing you try to reach the customer who already visited your site using special HTML code you should place on your website/ page. But display network campaigns not only limited to remarketing. you can run display network campaign related to interested and topics and even to keywords.

Usually Image ads goes on display network and search ads on search network.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Are you trying to create a separate re-marketing campaign or Display network campaign?
I am trying to create re-targeting campaign.

Thanks,

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Ok to create a remarketing campaign u need to create image ads then you have to create re-marketing lists accordingly (Preferably using Google Analytics) and install remarketing tag on your website and pages.

This article will help you - http://www.convoydigital.com/blog/how-to-set-up-adwords-remarketing-2/

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Ayush,

@ayush s wrote:

1- Can i create both text and image Ad in single display targeting campaign?

2- or should I create Search retargeting and display retargeting campaign for texts and image Ads respectively?

Thank you

1. Yes, you can create image and text ads in your Display Network campaign. You should create separate ad groups for text ads and images ads to best utilize your spend. If you have enaugh budget for Display, then you can also for separate Text ads Display campaign and a separate Image ads Display Network campaign.

2. Remarketing campaign for Display Network involves text and image ads. But in case you are talking about RLSA ads, it involves only text ads. Here's the explanation about RLSA (Remarketing Lists for Search Ads) ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Strategies for Remarketing campaigns are explained here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

You nailed it bro. Thanks.
Also, as my budget is not that much, so I can also think of targeted display retargeting? So that I display my Ads only in say, New Delhi or Jaipur area.

Am i correct ? I want to show my Ads only to a niche area people, for example doctors in Jaipur.

Regards,

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello,

You can use location targeting to target the city level specifics depending upon the availability of the country where they are in. I believe city- level targeting is available for India. So you can go for it and see how the statistics turn around.

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi Pankaj,

For targeting niche areas within India, i suggest you create different campaigns for all the locations and using Location Targeting ( rightly suggested by pankaj) target those locations in each of the campaigns.

By separating the two locations in two campaigns you can easily track their performance and make modifications based on their individual performance.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"