AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Help

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to launch rule based re-marketing campaign, for this I choose "the visitors who visited the 2nd page and more". I defined www.example.com to checkout.aspx?.

The re-marketing list is ready and updating process. I choose 60 days for this.

My questions are:

1) Should I use the re-marketing tag on my homepage?

2) If a visitor visits any product page so will the product ad be displayed on third party website?

3) While going to make this re-marketing campaign so adwords is asking URL! I am confuse about that I want to target all of my products but what url should I choose?

Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Help

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Noman,

This depends on what kind of website it is and your objective from re marketing. Are you advertising an e-commerce website or a website with several pages and products?

In that case, I'd suggest using Dynamic Remarketing, so that AdWords picks up the product ID and shows ads related to that product dynamically.

HC article here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3124536?hl=en

Campaign Set up guide here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3122586?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Best,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Remarketing Help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Noman,

Here are my thoughts-

• Should I use the re-marketing tag on my homepage?

Remarketing tag should be used for all pages on the website.

Even if you create multiple remarketing lists, there will be only one code which is to be placed on every page of website.

And based on the rules defined for lists, visitors will be added to the lists.

• If a visitor visits any product page so will the product ad be displayed on third party website?

Not always a particular product visited will be displayed on google display network.

As Sumanth mentioned dynamic remarketing is best solution to implement this. It will enable you to show a visited product on the GDN. Check whether it’s available in the region you are running the campaigns.

• While going to make this re-marketing campaign so adwords is asking URL! I am confuse about that I want to target all of my products but what url should I choose?

Do you want to use the list with visitors who visited product pages and checkout pages as well. Does checkout page be necessarily 2nd page after product page.

If you would like to target the visitors who have visited both- any product page and checkout page, you can use below lists and conditions

1. All visitors list - By default “All visitors” list will be created for you which will populate all visitors who visited any of the page of your website and wherever remarketing tag is implemented.
  2. Product visits list- Does your website has url structure convention using which you can set rule to populate lists  eg you may have products like www.example.com/products/xxxx1 , www.example.com/products/xxxx2 etc

Then you can set rule as URL contains /products/

This will populate users who visited product pages

3.   Checkout visits list – Create another remarketing list with rule- url contains checkout.aspx

Now you have 3 sets of visitors. While retargeting you can use custom combination to target visitors who visited product pages and checkout pages

So set custom rule as

Where users are the in list “Product visits” AND users are the in list “Checkout list”

This way you can create separate lists to populate data first and then can play with the conditions to use subset of data eg you may also create separate list as “paid users” who have visited thank you page and then exclude it while retargeting.

Cheers

SJ