AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,  

I am having troubles getting my Remarketing Campaign to start getting impressions. I set it up in May this year and the list size is currently at 160 for the Display Network (and 120 for Search Network). Any reason for why my ads are not running yet? I thought the list size needs to exceed 100 before starting to show the ads. The code was placed on the site correctly so I cannot see why it is not working yet.

Any insight?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Help

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Have you currently restricted your campaign by location or language?

Siva.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is targeted to an entire state/province and the languages were left as "All languages".

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Lift the location restriction and change it to all countries. See your remarketing ads working!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Deborah, I'm not following you around, honest!  As I mentioned in the GPCNA (which I'll repeat here for the benefit of other readers), the requirements for the Display network are for 100 visitors in the past 30 days so it could be the list is failing that requirement.  For Search the list needs to have 1000 members.

As has been suggested by Siva, the location restriction to an individual State may be too limiting.  Do you know if the members of your list are from that region?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!
The Remarketing list is over 100 for the last 30 days, so it should show the ads, if that is the main requirement. I also have another list for 540 days and it is over 100 as well. We also do not have any exclusions in this campaign.
I have no way to tell if the viewers are from the region I am targeting but I am sure they are. I will change it to target the entire country and see how that does.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deborah,

Have you tried to higher your bids on Remarketing? Or please check your ads status, is it elligible or limited?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The ads were approved, and the bids are at $3 so that should be sufficient. It actually receive 1 click finally on Wednesday. Smiley Happy The average position is 1.2.