AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Critical Issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google.

My google-chrome tag manager detects both my remarketing tag as the analytics code. Analytics is working as expected. The remarketing tag on the other hand is giving me a critical error on all type pages. exept the product page. When i try to get details about this critical error , the tag manager only gives me "ERROR". Not what is actually going on, hard to debug like this.

the site : ***

Could someone of you take a look at my implementation ?

Regards,

Erwin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Critical Issue

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Erwin,

I went to your live site as requested and took a look using Google Tag Manager. It looks as if there are no errors. Do you want to have a look again? Maybe the problem has corrected itself.

If not, I would clear your cache and cookies and see if that refreshes the error message.

If you are still seeing the issue, just let me know and we can try something else. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After I cleared the cache . I Tried again. stil critical issues..

tag123.jpg

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

You should consider consoldiating your tags in Google Tag Manager as it says in your screenshot. To manage your tags using Google Tag Manager, you’ll need to:

1. Go to google.com/tagmanager to create a Google Tag Manager account (or to access an existing account). 
  2. Then you would follow the instructions listed here.
Let me know if you have any additional problems. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't accept this as an answer, there is nothing wrong with the values of the tags at this point. It's all checked. And 100% correct. I also don't have problems assigning tags. There is no need to use some javascript functions to determine the page-type i'm on. Thanks for all the help, but using tagmanager won't fix this.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Ok. So here's what I can do. I want to make sure that your problem gets fixed so I will refer your post to our support team. You should receive an email from adwords-support. If you do not receive an email be sure to check your spam box. 

We will get this figured out. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same problem as you corrected?

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Hi Hudson,

Does your error message look similar to the screenshot above? The problem in the above screenshot is validating the MC ID on the home page rather than the the Products page. Hence, when you try to do so on any other page, it will give you an error, as there's no product id etc on that page. The product id box is empty. If your screen does not look like the above then there is a different problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

30-04-2014 15-56-57.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
I'm getting exactly the same error message as the original poster.
Has someone worked this out yet?
Thanks