AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing: Could our advert end up being should on a competitor's site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm quite new to AdWords and have been asked to look into Remarketing. One question that my client raised is: is there a chance that an advert for my client can end up appaearing on competitors' sites?

Thanks,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing: Could our advert end up being should on a competitor's site?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the community.

There is a possibility that the ads could appear on competitor sites if they are using AdSense on their own site.

Beacuse you are targeting individual users (using the audience cookie) it doesn't matter which sites they visit.

If you want to prevent this from happening you can add your competitor URL's in as placement exclusions.

On the display network tab, if you look below the stats, you'll see + Exclusions and this is where you add these.

You can read more about this at Exclude sites and categories

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the community.

There is a possibility that the ads could appear on competitor sites if they are using AdSense on their own site.

Beacuse you are targeting individual users (using the audience cookie) it doesn't matter which sites they visit.

If you want to prevent this from happening you can add your competitor URL's in as placement exclusions.

On the display network tab, if you look below the stats, you'll see + Exclusions and this is where you add these.

You can read more about this at Exclude sites and categories

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for that! Answers the question