AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Code Adding white space in footer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added the Remarketing code to the footer of my website and it adds 13px of white space below my colored footer.  This is caused by the <iframe name="google_conversion_frame" width="300" height="13".

Is there a way to hide this space from the browser so it does not appear?

Thanks,

Becky

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Code Adding white space in footer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Are you using a CMS system (wordpress/joomla/DNN) or something to add the code?  I'm not aware that you need an iframe to insert code in the footer of your site. 

If you take a look here there is an example of what the remarketing code now looks like:  http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2476688

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom,

I am using a Wordpress site, but I am putting the code for the remarketing directly into my footer.php file.  The iframe is being generated by the google code.

I am using the google code you linked to.

Thanks,

Becky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I am seeing the same issue. In fact, as you mention the remarketing code adds the iFrame to the DOM, so everyone should have the same issue. 

I think the "solution" might have to be coloring the iframe with CSS.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just found a better kludge at http://www.keanrichmond.com/google-remarketing-messing-with-my-design.html. Wrappping the remarketing script in a hidden div

<div style="display:none">

remarketing script

</div>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was facing the same issue, installed the code the way explained in the blog. The white space is removed, hope the code works after this without any trouble.

Thanks,

SKP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the solution!
I was just wondering if it affect the functionality in any way.
Can I safely use it and keep the remarketing code fully functional?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Nadav and welcome to the Community.  It should be quite safe to use the method of CSS styling.  Although the display:none setting would prevent the contents of the div from being displayed on screen, they are still rendered in the page code and acted upon.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Jon.
Always nice to be reassured Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭