AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Ads Not Showing

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I've set up a remarketing campaign recently: the tag is active on my website (i'm building audiences).

I'm targeting an audience of more than 100 users and my ads have been approved by Google.

Also my bid is high enough I guess (3 euro/click). Any other reason why my ads may not be showing?

Kind Regards,

Steven

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Ads Not Showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Have you included any other targeting method (keywords; topics..) in addition to re-marketing?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I didn't. I just saw the first results appearing now tho. So sometimes a problem is solved with patience Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Steven,

Yes, you are correct. It takes a little bit of time after reaching the minimum 100 members before your ad will start running. Glad it worked out for you!

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Moshe,

Can you fill me in on how other targeting methods work with re-marketing lists. I've been doing a lot of research but I haven't been able to find much about how re-marketing lists work with the other targeting methods.

For example I manage quite a few accounts, and for all of our Re-marketing campaigns they are display only, I use our re-marketing lists to target users who have visited the website, but then will also target using keywords, topics, and interests lists. I learned just today that doing this with interests lists will target people who have not necessarily visited your website.

So I have been going through and trying to correct all these campaigns by taking away the Interest List targeting, this led me to notice that all our traffic (clicks and impressions) were coming ONLY from these Interest Lists, and not at all from our re-marketing lists. So in conclusion all I really have is a Display campaign and not a traditional Re-marketing campaign. Can you help explain to me how all of these targeting methods work together and how I can set up my all ready running campaigns to be traditional re-marketing campaigns?

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello @mikepinckneymarketingcom s 

This is a very nice question;

Let start from the end: it's good that you removed the interests;

• In Remarketing +interests - the OR condition applies;
  • While in Remarketing with other targeting methods (e.g. topics; palcemenets ) the AND condition applies.(You target only the "overlapping" audience)

Read this discussion on the topic:

Interests & remarketing - AND or OR operation?

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Interests-amp-remarketing-AND-or-OR-operat...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks that is great information. I have a pretty solid understanding now of how Remarketing works with the different target methods.

I still don't understand why, in the example I gave earlier, my remarketing lists aren't getting any impressions at all. Is this because interest list can override them? Would that change if it was JUST the Remarketing list I was targeting. And finally could this same thing happen with topics and keywords?

Thanks again for your knowledge on this topic.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@mikepinckneymarketingcom s 

I could see two options; 

1. If the interests are in  a separate ad-group it competes with the Remarketing and  wins. (Unless a special  case - see below) 
  2. The other is  that you narrow the audience to an empty group. The  combination of the re-marketing list, topics and keywords   has no users who match ALL conditions . (i.e  users on the Remarketing list who visit sites  on the topics list,  and those websites also have content that matches the theme of the KWs. )

My assumption - the latter is the reason. (Think of this - if you bid high enough on interests and on the Remarketing list, you could technically have your ad shown twice on the same page. So, interests; practically, does NOT block the Remarketing, unless you bid differently,  or  a competitor's ad have a higher ad-rank).

-Moshe