AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Ads Not Getting Any Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've set up remarketing for many of my clients, but this one has me scratching my head.  I went through my normal step by step process, but I am not seeing any impressions for this one client.

1.  Ads are approved and enabled

2.  Remarketing list associated with the ad groups have at least 1,600 audience collected

3.  Remarketing code is right before the </body> tag and is active according to Google.

4.  This is a site-wide ad group that only uses the remarketing list.  No additional targeting such as placements, topics, etc. added to this ad group.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Remarketing Ads Not Getting Any Impressions

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello sem4topfloor ,

This is what I would do :

1) Verify what the avg. cpc was in the other remarketing campaigns if they were also with general targeting and 

bid at first 30-50 % higher with the MaxCPC in order to trigger impressions.

2) Check if the Campaign exclusions prevent your ads from showing : the exclusions can be also audiences, categories.

3) Check if the daily budget is not too small to allow enough traffic , as your new ad group should require additional budgeting . When I add a remarketing Ad Group I use an estimate daily budget increase in the campaign of 50 x MaxCPC of the remarketing ad group. This is to ensure in the best case scenario 50 clicks per day.

4) Are you using an ad group in a search campaign with audiences from remarketing or a display network campaign strictly for remarketing ?

5) Since you ran many remarketing campaigns you already know there are delays in the reporting tools.

I am sure other users can continue this list with more advice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is an old thread, but I had a similar problem and found that the reason my remarketing ads weren't getting any impressions was because I had the campaign using enhanced CPC, with delivery optimizing ads for conversions. Setting it to standard manual CPC and optimizing delivery for clicks solved the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for this insight - I had the exact problem. I wonder why this might happen...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Before reading this I'd spent a couple of hours scouring Google's help files and other articles. Reading this solved exactly the same issue I was having so thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Ill give this a try!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just went through this myself - all the checks mentioned above are solid but if you get through that and are still having issues - be sure to double check your Google Analytics Tracking Settings under Admin > Tracking Info > Data Collection and enable 'Remarketing'.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks it helped me too!

Remarketing Ads Not Getting Any Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very useful resolution. This is now working. Thanks!!!!