AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Related to RLSA

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Everyone,

If I am running a campaign for RLSA how will Google follow users?

For an example if a user land on my website through keyword "Cheap Hotels" and exit the page in few second. How will Adwords system follow him? Next time when he uses same query or closely matching query (cheap hotels nearby/cheap 5-star hotel) added as a keyword in my campaign, will Google show my ad?

Thanks
Pankaj Sharma

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pankaj S
May 2016

Re: Related to RLSA

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

As we know that it's a real time auction model so ad with high relevancy to the search term will appear to the user but it is from the remarketing campaign only and to the user on the list.

Note: Considering that you are using keywords in broad match.

Regards,

Pushpendra Singh

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

If you have already updated your Remarketing Code on your entire website then your Analytics automatically generates the Audience list according to the User cookies.

You can also create Audience List by yourself through shared library in AdWords as per your requirement as per below options and target those audience in RLSA campaign. Like: -

• Visitors of a page
  • Visitors of a page who did not visit another page
  • Visitors of a page who also visited another page
  • Visitors of a page during specific dates
  • Visitors of a page with a specific tag

Please go through the URL for how to create Remarketing Audience List. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3210317?hl=en&ref_topic=3122877

What ever i have suggested if you have already done then obviously AdWords will show your ads to those users.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anand

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Anand,

You should understand the question and then reply. If you are replying for the sake to earned the top contributor badge then there is no meaning stretching the thread.

It would be great if you will share your experience after running the same campaign. Because we can easily get many articles with same story you shared above. Hope you don't mind it Mate!

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Ofcourse  your ad will be shown to the users for RLSA. Google will follow that user based upon the cookies it has saved when the user came on the site for the very first time. These ads will not be delivered to the users who are not there on the remarketing list.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for feedback. But What ever i have suggested if you have already done then obviously AdWords will show your ads to those users.

I hope this will help.

Thanks,
Anand

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
As a side note,
For best use of RLSA create a separate adgroup with more generic keywords and tailored bids & ads(including some offers if possible) and use target and bid setting.
Example:
In that adgroup add:
Keyword: Hotels
Bid: bid higher and use bid adjustments
Targeting: Target and Bid

This will show ads on any query related to "hotel" to those users only who have visited your website previously(by clicking search ads)

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Pushpendra Singh Y If user second time uses the different search term and that term triggered keyword from different adgroup then which ad will display? Ad from the first adgroup where the user clicked earlier or ad related to the second adgroup which triggered on user's current search term?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pankaj S
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

As we know that it's a real time auction model so ad with high relevancy to the search term will appear to the user but it is from the remarketing campaign only and to the user on the list.

Note: Considering that you are using keywords in broad match.

Regards,

Pushpendra Singh

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Pankaj,

Seems you mistakenly mentioned me in this thread. Smiley Happy but happy to see that you got your answer.